Thursday, July 16, 2009

Diary

Every time that I close my eyes
I remember the times that I used to hide
Continuously hoping that you would find me
Waiting for you under our promise tree

The days passed by and my feelings grew
from like to love and that’s all I knew
To be able to spend my time  with you
Considering my parents, they’ll be mad at you

To be able to keep this in my memory
Filling up the pages of my diary
Nothing even matters aside from you
Most especially when you told me  you love me too

I have marked my calendar; September fifteenth
A very special day for both you and me
I was first year high school when this happened
You were my first love, the only thing that mattered

Having each other for four years long,
I never expect us fighting over the phone
I don’t know the reason of the sudden change
That made me decide to quit from your game

Unfortunately, there is something coming
and we have to prepare ourselves for this thing
Graduation day is nearly approaching
and we haven’t talked yet since our conflict thing

To be able to say goodbye to my friends,
my classmates, teachers, and other schoolmates
For not being able to talk to you
This might be the last day for me to see you

I will be living in the state of Colorado
For the sake of studying, that’s all I know
I have to finish as early, as soon as I can
For me to continue the business my father run

Ten years have passed and I have been invited
to an Alumni Homecoming, that’s what they said
So I hurriedly prepared and packed my things
for me to attend, I have to go back to the Philippines

Twenty-fifth of May was the given date
I glanced at my calendar to see what day
Surprisingly, it would be this Saturday
I have to prepare cause it’s only one day away

So here comes the day of the celebration
I rode a taxi, school’s the location
The call time is seven, it’s just six thirty
I guess I have been just so early

Minutes passed, I saw one arriving
A familiar face I have not been seeing
The familiar smile of that crooked look
For me to stand up, that’s out of my book

The very single strand of that hair
Those sparkling eyes that I used to stare
That voice that made me laugh and cry
Recalling the picture of my one true love

His sudden “Hi!” made me shiver
Remembering the details made me weaker
He held my hand and gave a note
plus a bouquet of roses that he had bought

I opened the letter and read it once
Unfortunately, I found myself reading it twice
The note’s having one simple thought
“I still love you”, ends up his note

He hugged me tight in his big arms
Saying, “I’m sorry for what I have don
For not doing anything to get you back
You’re my past, my present, my future life.”

Tears are now falling from my eyes
My heart is melting, still I don’t mind
To have us standing here in front
Confessing his love despite the crowd

“I’ve waited for this day”, he once told me
“For me to see you, to set both of us free
But I’ve changed my mind the time I saw you
I don’t want to leave you, forever I’ll love you.”

He held my hand and present a ring
Insert it to my finger and he began to sing
“I never believed in destiny before
but I promise to love you forevermore”

We have each other for ages now
I don’t want to end the story but now’s the time
We won’t end because we have eternity
Presenting you the pages of my diary

No comments: